Monday, July 13, 2009 (70 minutes)

The mild strain in my hamstring still hasn't evaporated completely. Every time I get down under 5:45 or 6:00 pace I start to feel pain there at the top and back of my right leg, where it connects to my butt.

I've been dealing with it by pretty much not dealing with it - running three or four times a week for an hour, and nothing much else. But I ran with JR the other day, whose injury problems are at least an order of magnitude more persistent than mine. He's up to running 16 minutes a day, from a beginning of two. That's alongside his PT and core programs.

Seeing that JR is still set on running competitively, despite not racing on the track in years, gave me a jolt of motivation. So I'm resuming my core training and running as much as I can without aggravating my leg. Let's see how it goes.

No comments: