Monday, August 22, 2011 (30 minutes)

Repeated yesterday's run.

Today was pretty much an endless stream of failures. I was late to the first day of school because there was lots of traffic. Then I couldn't find any parking, and when I did it was $15. Then I got lost. No problem. I foresaw this difficulty the night before and loaded a map onto my Kindle. But in the morning, the Kindle wouldn't turn on. I showed up to grad school orientation an hour late and mumbled something about getting stuck in a forest, and everyone laughed at me. Then I couldn't get the keys to my office or the building because I didn't have enough cash for the key security deposit. I couldn't find my graduate student mentor, so I ate lunch alone in a corner. My victory for the day came when, during lab TA orientation, I correctly identified the probability of rolling either a 1 or a 2 with a die, but I quavered on the expected number of 1's or 2's in ten rolls. Then I couldn't figure out how to use Excel to make histograms. Then I got really bored and tried to make an arch out of 20 dice, but failed. Then we all got locked out of the building, and I was the only one who didn't have a key. Then I got lost again trying to find my way back to the $15 dollar parking, where the machine wouldn't accept my credit card and I got trapped in the garage before sitting in traffic for another hour.

So yeah, after that I went for a run. It was pretty cool.

No comments: