Fri - Sun September 23 - 25 (30, 30, off)

I ran on the artificial practice field both Friday and Saturday. It wasn't easy! On Friday, I looked up on the athletic department website what time the field was listed as "open recreation". I went during that time, but it was closed, locked, and vacant. I went in the gym, where the person at the desk tried to tell me that I couldn't run on the field during "open recreation". That just meant that I could reserve the field if I had an entire club that wanted to use it. As I began to indicate that I didn't believe this was a very viable interpretation of the term "open recreation", I was referred to an office. In the office, the person I talked to apologized for having the field locked, but expressed surprise because "no one had ever really wanted to use it during this time before." So they sent someone out to unlock it, but he didn't have a key. At this time it started to rain, so I stood around in the rain waiting for him to walk all the way back, and someone else to come with a key. It was finally unlocked - all so I could run half an hour barefoot in the rain.


Saturday I had to dodge rugby players, but forunately they spent their first half-hour on the field (an an indeterminate amount of time after that) huddled in one corner stretching, and didn't ask me to get off.

Sunday I took off.

No comments: