Thursday, April 30, 2009 (30am, 30pm)

I took off Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday because my upper hamstring was sore. I guess I strained it mildly, but last night I also discovered a large bruise on that leg. It's on the inside of my thigh, so it's relatively hidden from view, and I hadn't noticed it before. I'm not sure when it appeared, and I'm at a loss to think of a traumatic incident in the recent past that could have caused it. It's about 10cm from the general location of the pain I'm feeling, so while I don't have any particular reason to believe they're connected, it is possible.

Both runs felt fine. I'm feeling the soreness in this muscle mostly when I sit still for an hour, then get up, or occasionally when I take a long stride or do something else that might stress my hamstring a little bit.

I hope that I'll be fine through the relay this weekend. I'm almost certain I'll make it through the first leg with no problems, but I don't know whether running 6:00 pace will aggravate the problem. That's what makes life worth living though - the mystery of the great unknown!

No comments: