Weekly Summary: April 20-26, 2009 (550 minutes, 1 tempo workout)

I was a little hampered this week by a small pain in my left leg where the hamstring and glutes connect. I had been feeling a little soreness there going into Friday. My plan was to ignore it, so I did 100 minutes, jumping in with Jason and Miles on some 200's at the end. They weren't very fast, but still I was significantly more sore the next day. I ran through it on Saturday, figuring it was most likely a little niggling thing that would get better as long as I didn't aggravate it with workouts. On Sunday, though, it started to bother me enough that I cut the NFTC run short.

My tempo was pretty good this week, but I didn't get in the steady state that I would have done on Saturday or Sunday.

The plan for next week is to take Monday off, then run just as much as feels totally comfortable. I promised Ryan I'd do the Providian relay next weekend, so I need to do everything I can to be healthy going into that.

No comments: