Monday, April 13, 2009 (8000m tempo 27:38)

I ran into Kangway in the locker room, so we ran together. I did a five mile tempo on the track, planning on hitting 5:40 pace, although I wasn't completely sure I'd be able to do that without overextending. The recent race at PP sapped my confidence. As it turned out, 85's felt very easy, and I wound up average closer to 5:30 pace. It felt great, really. It wasn't an easy workout - I had to work hard to keep my concentration up over the last 2400 or so, but it stayed in the tempo range the whole time, and I did not feel drained afterwards. Having Kway there for miles 1, 3, and 5 helped a lot as well. Jason and John happened to be working out at the same time, so we did a 300 together at the end. It was going great untilnwe went into the last 100 and Jason magically accelerated away from me, and then Kangway came past on my outside and blew me away as well. Thy both ran 42, so a barefoot 43 is not so bad.

No comments: