Foot problems

The bottom of my left foot is swollen. After running just one mile tonight, I stopped because my left foot was feeling strange. The feeling was as if a clod of grass or mud had gotten stuck on the bottom of my foot, but there was nothing there causing it. When I stopped a little longer and looked at both my feet, I could see how different my left was from my right. When I pressed against the ball of my right foot, I could feel the fatty pad, muscle underneath, etc. On my left foot I could feel basically no structure at all. The texture of the skin was different, and it was difficult to curl my toes on my left foot.

I'm not sure what all this means. I would go to a doctor, but I'm not ready for that yet because I suspect they'll have nothing useful to say. For the time being, I'm going to wait it out a little longer and see if this persists. I don't know whether the foot swelled in response to some other damage, or whether the swelling itself is the problem.

3 comments:

Megumi said...

Markkimarkkonnen,

This sounds like sesamoiditis (little bones/tendons under your first metatarsal) if it doesn't hurt that much, they're probably not broken. Doc will probably just tell you not to run... I would ice, ibuprofen, get the swelling down, take it from there.

I will also stop being useless and post the rest of my runs/respond to your e-mail, etc. this week. Sorry...

Markkimarkkonnen said...

yeah. i hate useless people. like when my grandparents are visiting and i'm like,'dammit, grandma, can't you see i'm busy? go crawl in a hole.'

Megumi said...

oh, btw... re: useless, or rather lack thereof--cupcake's blog is now non-defunct! there's some good marathon training stuff on there now :)