June 30 and July 1, 2010 (5 and 6 x grove)

I've moved up my run length gradually over the past week. Doing six laps actually felt fine this morning. That translates into a 35 minute run at about 7:00/mile, or maybe a little slower.

I think it will be a while before I truly feel comfortable running again, but I'm at least able to do it.

I've been running in shoes on a wood chip trail, and this seems to be working well for my foot. Going barefoot seems to be harder on it. My current pair of shoes is a little old, so I guess I need some new ones.

Also, I have to run with my work cell phone when I'm on duty. It naturally has a clock, so I was using that to see how much time has elapsed, and hence not lose track of how many laps I've run. I ran in the dark. To see the time, I opened up the phone and looked at the clock. When I closed the phone, the time was still displayed on the outside.

Later on, I hit a button on the outside of the phone accidentally and the time popped up again. So ten minutes (or so) later, I wanted the time. I figured it would be easier to hit the button on the outside of the phone than to open it, so I hit a button on the outside. Instead of the time, a little picture of a bell popped. I kept pressing buttons, trying to get the bell to go away and the time to pop up. Then I ran into a pole.

No comments: