Wednesday, March 9, 2011 (30 minutes)

30 minutes on the north field, with three deliberately fast laps at the end. I went pretty hard on those last three laps, because once I started picking up the pace, I figured I might as well push through hard since I'd only be running fast for a few minutes. I'll think of this sort of thing as pre-tempo. By the time my feet, ankles, achilles tendons, knees, IT bands, sore lower back, spasming upper back, sinus infection, and receding hairline finally decide it's okay to train for real, I'll hopefully have enough fitness that on the first tempo run my lungs don't just give up, saying that they never got the memo on this and simply aren't going to participate in heinous abuse.

Then I had a long talk with Julie and did a little weight room stuff.

No comments: