Thursday - Friday April 14 - 15, 2011

Thu: 35 minutes on the south field, pretty easy

Fri: 2x1600m on the track in flats.

The goal for this workout was to go for two or three 1600m in 5:20, depending on how I felt, and not to overdo it. On each repeat, I started out a little too slow, then sped up a little too much. After a ten-minute warm up, I ran the first one in 5:15, coming through the half in 2:35 and deliberately slowing down to avoid working too hard before I got deep into the workout. The first 200 was a tad slower than 40, though, so I had a hard time locking into pace.

On the second one, I started out slow again, running 41 for 200, then speeding up too much to run 5:11 for the whole thing. After that, my legs felt drained and I had to poop, so I stopped before doing a third. I think I should have had some breakfast. It was 1:00PM and I hadn't eaten yet, and I think that's part of the reason my legs were pooped. Also, I'm out of shape and don't run more than 35 minutes consecutively.

Finished with 2x200 in 30, 28. Also managed to tell some prefrosh to go to Harvey Mudd.

No comments: