Short reflection on yesterday's race

I can name a lot of mitigating factors to yesterday's race - the cold, getting there late and not warming up, the immediate hills and mud, etc. Basically, though, I'm just not very fit and don't know how to race with this body.

I think I'll try to go to a track once a week, except not next week since I'll be in the Colorado wilderness, and do a little timed work just to see how it feels at various paces. I don't really have a sense of that now.

I was sore in my hamstrings today, so I took the day off.

2 comments:

Kiesz said...

I agree with your sentiment of not knowing what different speeds feel like anymore. Sucks to be out of shape

Markkimarkkonnen said...

I agree with your sentiment that guinea pigs are the bane of humankind's existence and ought to be burned in a giant fire.