Utah/Colorado trip update

Last weekend I flew out to Salt Lake City to hang out with Will and Ruby and to form Will's support crew for the Trans-Rockies Run. It's been a blast.

On Saturday or Sunday, I forget which, we ran a 15k on some trails near Will's place. I missed the start and had to crap behind a bush, so this race didn't go too well. I felt the altitude pretty strongly as well (six or seven thousand feet, I think).

Then we did the eight-hour drive up to Colorado, where I've been running with The Backcountry Goats (Will works for Backcountry.com, and their emblem is a goat). We did a shakeout on Monday, then today was the first day of the race. I drove the car from the start to the finish, then doubled back about four miles to finish with Will and Peter. Then I doubled back again for the girls team and wound up doing about 11 miles total on the day.

Altitude is tough - I can't really run fast at all up here. Still, I apparently ran better than 7-minute pace today on my way out to meet up with the Goats, assuming the course measurements are to be trusted.

1 comment:

Kiesz said...

you're why cave men painted on walls