October 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 (0, 50, 50, 40, 0, 60 minutes)

200 minutes over a 6-day chunk, including a full hour today. I feel very good about this, especially because not only have I run more, but my leg feels stronger than it has at any time recently. I think the core and gym work I've been doing have been beneficial. I'm including a sort of active stretching type routine that I got out of a book. It's goofy-looking enough that I felt self-conscious practicing it at first, but it seems to have helped my butt, and anything that's good for my butt is good for me.

I've run every step on grass since starting up training again, and that's good too. It's easier to maintain this regimen when I'm not running with other people, although again that means I'm not running with other people. There was some other guy on the field today, and I got minor satisfaction from doing three-halves his pace.

No comments: