Friday May 2 (60 minutes)

Pre-race jogging on the north field. Last night my bicycle seat broke. I was just at Matt and Katherine's at the time, so I left the bike there and walked home, it being too dark to accomplish much else. I went back at lunch today and realized that it didn't just come apart (it had been loose for a while). The bolt that holds the seat on had snapped in half. This is not a little joke bolt, either. Probably a good 8mm thick, and it just ripped in two underneath me. I didn't think I had been putting on that much weight taking two or three days off.

Anyway, I ended up doing a lot of walking today, and since I ran eight hours or so after lunch, I was feeling pretty depleted by run time.

For tomorrow I think I can go after one more PR at 5000 this year. My original goal of 15:00 doesn't seem like the smart thing to shoot for, but I know that I can put together a race better than the last two, so I just want to get out there and do it.

No comments: