Weekly Summary: (9/8/08 - 9/14/08 385 minutes, long run, mountain run, sub-tempo)

M: long
Tu: mountains
W: easy
Th: sub-tempo
F: off (hamstring)
Sa: off (hamstring)
Su: easy

This was a down week, since by Thursday I decided I should just take a couple of days completely off and make sure to take care of my hamstring. I trying to cut down on running-induced delirium, such as the delirious need to get in 12 runs every week.

Despite not working out much, I'm happy with this week of running. I got in an easy run with Matt on Sunday in the middle of helping him move out of town. Hopefully he'll still be back in Pasadena once in a while, but even so I was glad to have an easy "last run" before seeing him off.

I also got in a workout with Kangway for probably the first time ever on Thursday, and a great mountain run with Ian on Tuesday. The long run was good as well - 105 minutes. I'd like to push this up to 120 minutes and be comfortable running that duration at 6:30 pace or so before Huntington Beach. 13.1 is a long way to be running fast - I don't want my endurance to let me down in the last two or three miles when my fitness is strong enough to run 5:20's.

Next week, I'm planning on racing at Westmont. I'll do gentle workouts on Tuesday and Thursday, just keeping pace with whoever is up front in Caltech's workouts, and then let it rip (not literally, I hope) on Saturday. At this point it felt totally normal on my easy run today, but I didn't press it at all.

Approximate Schedule:
M: easy
Tu: AM: light workout PM: jogging, lifting
W: AM: easy PM: jogging, core
Th: AM: light workout PM: jog, core
F: AM: easy PM: course jog
Sa: race
Su: NFTC

I'm pretty flexible about all that if someone was dying to get in a run with me...

No comments: