Lost Days on the Log

There's no internet at the apartment yet, and consequently it's been a while since I updated anything. As best I can remember, here's what I've been up to:

Sunday August 31
NFTC - 30 minutes easy, some light lifting.

Monday September 1
Brown mountain with Ian. Pretty awesome medium-long run, including what turned out to be a pretty respectable ascent on the fire road, and my first-ever trip down the El Prieto trail back. The uphill climb seemed shorter than it used to. It's been a while since I ran it, though.

Tuesday September 2
AM: hard to remember. probably 30 minutes easy.
PM: ran at Lacy. I was going to do fartlek, but my legs tired, so I just did 40 minutes steady there, place Lacy long way and four Pattons all out.

Wednesday September 3
AM: I'm pretty sure I just ran on the south field, but I don't remember how long. One hour seems about right.
PM: Jogging with the team, about 25 minutes, then lifting. Katherine destroyed me in a game of h-o-r-s-e afterwards, but I did get one letter on her with a shot from behind the backboard, meaning I won on awesomeness.

Thursday September 4
AM: 20 minutes. It might actually have just been 10 minutes, since I wasn't timing it and Chief and Dennis said they ran on the south field as well, but didn't see me there. Basically I wanted to get it done and go back to sleep. Which I did.

PM: 80 minutes. I felt bad about running so short in the morning, and so went pretty long in the afternoon. It was hot and I was horribly dehydrated by the end of it.

Friday September 5
AM: 5xarroyo tempo with Ian. A very good workout; certainly better than last week's. I ran pretty steadily, with splits around
9:06, 8:44, 8:49, 8:49, 8:46 (44:14 total)
I felt pretty calm and controlled on this, and it was just one lap shy of what was probably my most impressive arroyo tempo, from March of this year, shortly before my three 5000's.

1 comment:

kangway said...

You ran 98 minutes on Monday and an hour on Wednesday morning.