Saturday, November 22, 2008 (brown mountain)

Ian, Dennis, Morgan and I hit up Brown Mountain while KB and Megumi did ...something. I felt decent, and kept a steady effort and cadence up to the saddle. From there, the rest of the run does not really take much leg effort, but is simply a matter of not stopping for a while. Then you're done. For a mountain run, my knees and various connective tissues felt surprisingly good.

I was glad to be running shod today, so as not to aggravate whatever the deal was with my foot yesterday. Lifted briefly in the afternoon.

As of tonight, in the past week I've introduced both Kamalah and J.R. to Rosarito's as soon as they mentioned Puebla. Unfortunately, I think the magnificent value of a three-pound burrito simply wasn't as obvious to them as it was to me. Unless Rosarito's is closed, though, I can no longer in good conscious eat there while 50% more food of the same type is available for 20% less cost right around the corner.

4 comments:

Megumi said...

i think kamalah was pretty excited about her burrito. maybe said excitement was diluted with the anti-excitement of not running a marathon... but that really shouldn't be counted against the burrito.

Anonymous said...

do you go to the rosaritos next to in-n-out? that combo burrito is insanely large. rosaritos was our high school track team post work-out spot, especially during spring breaks.

-goose

Markkimarkkonnen said...

i go to rosarito #2 on Lake, just north of orange grove. i'm pretty sure it's the same, though, because eating that combo burrito is second only to eating a small child.

Ian said...

Update be-yotch. I know you're back in shape.

And yes, I'm rdunk.