Thursday July 3 (40 minutes)

A wound on my left forearm, leftover from the bike accident, became infected. I'm on antibiotics for a while, and showering is difficult due to the wrap covering that area. To add to my health problems, while awkwardshowering the other day, I managed to contort myself sufficiently to pull a muscle in my back.

Nonetheless, it was my day off today, and I finally got myself together enough to go for an easy run on my standard out-and-back to El Camino and Palm Drive. I haven't run more than twice in the past few weeks - once on a semi-adventure run with Katherine and Ian and once at night before I was beset by a bee sting/reopened throbbing hand wound.

After the run, I feel out of shape, but that seems to be the worst of it. The back muscle I had pulled started to get sore towards the end of the run, but didn't seize up or ache afterwards. Except for my forearm, the wounds from the bike crash are no longer a major issue. The worst spots were on my hands, but now even those have fairly-healthy looking patches of skin over them. They wouldn't hold up to gripping weights, I think, but daily life is not a problem.

The course of antibiotics finishes next Monday or Tuesday. After that I should be almost back to a normal person again.

No comments: