Thursday, October 9, 2008 (4x2000 with Oxy)

Ian's been inviting me to come to workouts with Oxy for almost a year now. Every time, I wind up finding some stupid reason not to show - that I'm busy, or sick, or injured, or don't feel like getting owned by a freshman, or something. I was about to skip out again today because it would be two workout days in a row, but I'm trying to get over the attitude of constantly finding reasons to avoid doing some hard work.

It turned out not to be a vicious workout today, which is good. We did 4x2000 on the grass near the Rose Bowl. I ran with the first group of guys, but fell back on the last one with dead legs. I was impressed how disciplined the team was. Some of those guys are in great shape, and hearing stories of how fast their hard workouts are, it was clear to me they could have been busting out very fast repeats if they wanted to. But instead they ran steadily at the pace Rob prescribed for them - content just to do their tempo work at a reasonable pace today and run hard when it came time for a hard workout.

So I met a few of the guys and got in a fine workout (despite trailing off at the end).