Saturday, January 17, 2009 (mountain adventure)

Some day, I need to see a fight between a Siberian Tiger and a Sloth Bear. Wikipedia says it happens, but fails to cite a youtube video.

As far as running, Ian led me on a reprisal of his long Brown Mountain circuit (Sunday of the linked week), which took a few second less than two hours. I was pretty scared of the bears, and Ian kept abandoning me on downhills to handle getting stabbed in the eye by a tree alone. Also I fell in a river and almost crapped myself (unrelated, mostly). But it was pretty awesome. I took off yesterday to rest up for this one. The trail down the back side of the mountain (you don't go all the way up, and the ascent past the saddle is fairly mild) was runnable to the bold-spirited, and easily hikable to all others.

There was also a particularly fine stand of white pine.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

Really white pine? I didn't think those hung out in the San G's too much.

Markkimarkkonnen said...

they were definitely pine trees. may just have been albino, though.