Wednesday, December 31, 2008 (95 minutes)

I was thoroughly confused this morning when, running by the Rose Bowl Aquatic Center, I saw a stream of seven or eight consecutive buses pulling into the parking lot.

"Damn," I thought. "A lot of people really want to go swimming."

i've never been in Pasadena on New Year's Day since coming to Caltech (although I went to the parade one year when I was in high school, since my sister went to school at UCSB, so the family went out to CA for the holidays that year).

I did the apartment - arroyo - Rose Bowl loop Ian ripped off from the Oxy guys, with an extra ten minutes of prancing up and down Alpine before getting started (it was cold, and I was waiting for Goose, who I apparently just barely missed).

Regardless, tomorrow we're heading up Brown mountain to "start the year off on a high note." (A low note in terms of puns.) That's actually just a few hours from now, and it's now that very same new year. Let's get high.

No comments: