Tuesday - Saturday, February 17-21, 2009

Sat: 30 am, 50 pm
Feeling a little tired, but at the end of the evening run I suddenly felt very loose and relaxed, so I hit about two miles worth of hard, fast running. All barefoot on the fields.

Fri: 90
With Ian on the North Field, then long laps in the darkness. I honestly felt like stopped around 70 minutes, but decided it was worth while to finish it out, especially since the two-a-day structure leaves me with few contiguous long runs.

Thu: 30 am, track work pm
Light track workout with Caltech in the afternoon. 2x800 with Chief (~78/lap), then 2x1600 in 5:13, 4:55. Jogged the rest periods. Started every five minutes for the 800's and every nine for the 1600's. The team was doing three 1600's, but I had to leave early because I had tutoring scheduled at six and had to be off the track by 5:30. I was slightly distressed that practice officially starts at 4, but despite my constant imploring to get started since I would have to go to work, we didn't begin running the intervals until 4:55. What did we do with an hour? Ultimately, I think two miles was fine given it's my first track work this season. I was reasonably relaxed, and 5:00 pace did not feel unreasonably fast or difficult. However, I don't think I'm ready to run quite that pace for 5000 just now. 15:50 is about where I would put my fitness, but if you required me to guess whether I would be above that mark or below, I would take below.

Wed: 30 am, 45 pm
Barefoot on the fields

Tu: 30 am, 45 pm
Barefoot on the fields

No comments: