Monday February 11 (steady state)

I'm going to start logging each run as an individual post, in anticipation of eventually logging it with some metadata that can be extracted and visualized by external software. I'm still a long way from realizing that goal, because my knowledge of how to make it work is limited, as is my time for learning this stuff. Regardless, I at least know enough to understand how it can work as a general plot, but not enough to know how any of the details can go. I need to do a little background reading and then start my way through the Blogger API.

Went to the arroyo for 5 of Ian's tempo loops. Splits of 9:16, 9:14, 8:57, 8:36, 8:20.
This workout was fantastic. I went in thinking that I simply wanted not to push when I should just be letting things flow. That felt exactly like what happened. By the fourth lap I was running much faster, but although I could tell my stride was a quicker one, my breathing and effort seemed steady. Even on the last lap I was letting the speed build itself rather than forcing it myself. I felt exhilirated when I finished, not exhausted or drained. If I could make every steady state like this one it'd be a sign that I've learned a lot.

I ran into the team out for their long run and jogged around with them a bit before calling it a day.

No comments: