Weekly Summary: 2/17/08 - 2/23/08 (intervals, fartlek, steady state, long run)

This was a solid week of training. It was my first practice session for running 75's on the track, and I got through it and executed the workout I wanted. My long run was good and so was the steady state. The fartlek was relaxed, more of a tempo.

I missed the NFTC on Sunday, which I didn't want to do, but I was under deadline for some stuff for the paper. There were a few other days were I planned to do some core work later in the evening, but didn't get around to it, and I've been a bit lax with my achilles exercises. So that's something to watch out for.

Next week my focus is again on the Saturday track session were I hope to feel a bit more relaxed at 75's, as if I could run them without any "pushing" at all. The outline is this:

Mon: steady state - 6xarroyo tempo
Tu: recovery, lift
Wed: long
Th: fartlek, probably in Lacy, reps
Fri: recovery
Sat: 7x1200@3:45
Sun: NFTC

No comments: