Thursday February 21 (tempo)

Got to have a little meeting with my best gal Barbara Green today. I have official approval for KELROF 2008, including track reservations, for May 10-11 8am to 8am (Saturday into Sunday).
I decided to switch to the 8am-8am format because many people have suggested it to me, and it makes sense. If you start at 8pm, you've probably already been up all day, so that staying up another 24 hours straight is impossible. Starting at 8am you get fresh runners. Also, Friday into Saturday kills basically the entire weekend, but this way you still have Friday night free.
Also also, the date is somewhat unfortunate because May 10 is the Oxy Invite, so any distance runners trying to run 3:53 to qualify for nationals or coaching their top-two-cross-country-runners-at-any-DIII-school will be unable to participate on my all-star team, should they decide the Invite is more important than a glorious relay squad. I chose the date because last year I overlapped with JPL day or something like that and it was apparently bad. Any later and you're running into finals as well.
Also also also, I'm officially recruiting for a team to try to break the record. It requires an average of about 5:45/mile for the 24 hours, so that's 25 miles each at that pace. So far I have myself and the Romero brothers down, which leaves me, oh, about seven people short. But we can make it!
I need more runners. Ogliore - that means you.

Also also also also, Kiesz and I did 3x8on, 2off in Lacy today, getting progressively faster. It was nice actually to do an entire workout with Matt all the way through, which I think I haven't done since, like forever. I threw in 6xPatton and 3x300 on the track at 48, 46, 45. It was wet on the turns and running in lane one in trainers at 60s pace, I had to be wary of slippage, but everything turned out all right in the end.

No comments: