Wednesday March 5 (recovery)

Last night I lay on my belly, my body thrown halfway off the mattress and onto the carpet. I was in a semi-somnolent state, somewhat aware of what I was doing but unaware of why. What I was doing was kicking my legs up and down the way a kid does when his feet don't touch the ground.

Suddenly there was a loud smacking sound, followed immediately by a jolt of pain in my toe. It didn't take me long to wake up and realize I had just kicked my bookshelf hard enough to draw a little blood.

Now it's bruised a bit, so that I have to wear shoes while running. That's what I get for trying to be literate.

After my run I did some core in the gym, but Katherine started before me and kept going after I was done, giving me yet another reminder of my general wimpiness.

No comments: