Weekly Summary: March 2008, week 2 (track work, tempo/speed)

Stuff happened. I felt tired a sore a couple of times. My track work wasn't quite what I wanted. I didn't do a long run, didn't do a steady state, and took a day off that wasn't scheduled.

Still, this week wasn't bad necessarily. It just wasn't what I expected. I think most of the decisions I made were good ones. I should have worked out on Friday instead of leaving it to Saturday night. Actually, I should have gotten up an hour earlier on Saturday morning and workout out then. I shouldn't have stretched so vigorously early in the week, making my quads sore.

I did some things right, though. I'm glad I didn't shove an extra workout into my legs. I'm glad I took it easy on the tempo Tuesday. I'm glad I actually went ahead and did the workout Saturday night, despite being tired and having some misgivings.

So a few lessons learned and a few days older. Next week is the race. I'm still feeling intimidated by it, but not in a scared way. More in a curious way. It will be very strange if I really can run six miles at the pace that feels strained in track work that's not only shorter but includes rest. I'm also aware that I may have to hurt quite a lot for ten or even fifteen minutes consecutively, which is not something I'm used to doing. But I'm working on accepting that.

The plan is:
Monday: run as you feel
Tuesday: run as you feel, a little faster stuff if you want
Wednesday: run as you feel
Thursday: run as you feel
Friday: 10,000m goal pace 75's for 31:15
Saturday and Sunday: I am too blind, and cannot see that far ahead

No comments: