Monday, March 31 (steady state)

Too late at night for the trails, so I did my steady state on the track. I thought twelve miles would be nice, but after I got two miles in I realized I might as well go for a clean 20K.

First 8000 was 29:30
Second 8000 27:52
Last 4000 13:33

So I accelerated throughout the run. I was glad I chose to go so long on this, because it was right around nine miles that I started to feel a little tired. Normally I stop these steady states at 8 or 10 miles, so going to twelve once in while is a nice new challenge.

Afterwards, the friendly old guy informed me that I was faster than Feldman, which is a bit of a stretch, but I didn't want to burst his bubble so I told him Dan got hit by a train and is paraplegic now, and just about everybody can beat him.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

Impressive! Is the friendly old guy named Val, orange hat and glasses?

Megumi said...

oh, orange hat and glasses guy! he's so funny.

also its funny that you think in terms of 8K, is that bc of XC? when i do extended tempos on the track... or all of the one or two times that i have, i always break down the splits in terms of 5K.