Weekly Summary: April 2008, Week 2 (track work, long run, tempo)

I ran pretty well this week. The track work wasn't ideal, but at least it could have been a lot lamer if I had just left it alone after the 3000. Watching Chris Smith win the 5000 got me excited because I've beaten him both times we raced this year. I would love to be able to line up against the SCIAC, but instead I'll be lining up against all comers next Friday at APU.

My goal for the race is simply to blast the last mile. When I get to the two mile mark I want to be totally focused and ready to push all the way through that last bit. I need not to be scared of it, to trust my fitness, and to know that if I give it a shot I can hold that pace.

My plan for this week is:
Monday: Arroyo with Ian
Tuesday: Fartlek in Lacy
Wednesday: medium long
Thursday: easy
Friday: race 5000m APU
Saturday: celebrate my awesome new PR
Sunday: SNFTC, long

No comments: