Weekly Summary: April 2008, Week 1 (5000m PR, steady state, fartlek)

My race this week was good, and instructive. Whereas Oxy taught me not to get too obsessive, PP taught me not to get too relaxed. After all, at some point it's going to have to start to hurt and then being chill simply won't cut it. I'm getting my mind a bit more into the speed mode now. My steady state and fartlek were good last week, but I haven't been doing striders or as much core work as I think I should. My plan for next week is:

Mon: tempo
Tue: recovery
Wed: medium-length run, a few reps
Thu: track workout (3000, 2000, 1000)
Fri: recovery
Sat: long
Sun: SFTC

My original thought was 5x1000 for track work, but Ian suggested 3-2-1 and I think I like that better. It should get me moving fast for long, continuous periods, and also allow me to work on pushing hard over the last bit at the end.

No comments: