Weekly Summary: March 2008, week 4 (steady state, long)

I went from no workouts last week to one workout this week, my steady state on Monday. It was a good solid workout, but nothing special. The rest of the week I just did a lot of running. My body has been feeling sort of always-okay-never great, but I've also been really lax about the core training. I keep telling myself, "I just ran, so I'm tired now. I'll do it later when I get home." Then I get home and say, "oh, well, it's late now. I'll do it in the morning." Then I get up in the morning and say, "ah, I'm busy now. I'll do it after I run this afternoon..."

Next week I'll race 5000 at Pomona, but I'm kind of training through this one. The plan:

Mon: steady state
Tue: recovery
Wed: medium-long
Thu: some sort of light workout
Fri: easy
Sat: 5000m
Sun: SFTC

I don't want to pressure myself for this race. I just want to go into it with the attitude that I'm going to race the people around me. Also, I'm clearly in shape to PR, so I'll be disappointed if I don't do that. I want to get that calm, controlled feeling on the first mile, then the sort of focused-in but still relaxed mentality over mile two, and really push things in mile three.

No comments: